☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 lb
- smoked sausage, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 large
- onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium
- cabbage, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 c
- 1 lb
- carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 medium
- potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
How to Make Sausage & Cabbage Surprise
- 1Brown sausage in a Dutch oven; remove sausage and drain on paper towels. Drain off drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in Dutch oven.
- 2Saute onion in reserved drippings 3 to 5 minutes, adding any seasonings you like; add sausage, cabbage, and water. Cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes. Stir in carrots and potatoes; cover and cook an additional 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.