Sauerkrout and sausages
A friend of mines dad jumped ship from Poland and brought this simply wonderful recipe with him . This 1 pot meal is easy and inexpensive. If you don't like sauerkraut I double-dog-dare you to give this a try and discover the savory/slightly sweet flavor . ENJOY!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 mediumonion, sliced thinly
2-3 large can(s)saurerkrout ( you can also use bagged or jar),this seems like a lot but it will cook down.
1 largedried bay leaf
2 lblink sausage of choice,sliced into coins
2 tspcanoila oil (to brown sausage coins)
How to Make Sauerkrout and sausages
- brown sausage coins and set aside.
- wilt onions over med-low heat in pan with butter.. stirring as needed (do not brown)
- drain sauerkraut and rinse well with cold water. drain well, squeezing out as much water as possible
- when onion are wilted add sauerkraut . Stir to coat with butter.
- lower heat to low , add bayleaf and cover with tight fitting lid.
- stir every 10 min or so until sauerkraut starts to softened and get "golden"
- Add sausage to pan and heat through .
- Remove bayleaf and discard.
serve with hot rolls or pumpernickel bread and butter.
- Enjoy !