Lovingly Stuffed Bell Peppers, Iris
- 6 large
- bell peppers, make sure they're firm
- 2 lb
- spicy italian sausage
- 1 lb
- ground sirloin
- 1/2 lb
- bacon, fried, drained and crumbled
- red bell pepper, chopped
- white onion, minced
- 1 bag(s)
- kraft shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 bag(s)
- mozzarella cheese
- 1&1/2 jar(s)
- clasico spicy tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 c
- aborio rice
- 3 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 1 large
- pot of water, will need
- 2 qt
- pot with 1&1/2 cup of water
How to Make Lovingly Stuffed Bell Peppers, Iris
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the skillet. Add sirloin, sausage, garlic and onion to skillet and cook until brown but not dry. Add bell pepper a few minutes before meat is done strain off oil in colander.
- 3Prepare rice according to directions take off the heat a little early, remember it's going into the oven.
- 4Put on a large pot of water, enough to cover the peppers. Once water is boiling, lower heat to medium, add peppers, cook 5 minutes. Remove the peppers, plunge into ice bath . remove from bath and place upside down on paper towels to drain.
- 5In a large bowl add meat mixture, including bacon, add 1 cup of the pepper jack cheese, and prepared rice (you don't have to use it all).
- 6You can season your mixture with the flavors that appeal to you. I use basil, fennel seed, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- 7In your 9x13" baking dish, spread 1 cup of sauce. Place peppers, stuffed with the meat mixture down into sauce. Top each peppers with a tablespoon of sauce from the dish then top with cheese, bake 20 minutes.
- 8After 20 minutes remove from oven, top with the rest of the sauce and mozzarella put oven on broil. When brown and bubbly, serve.