GARLIC ROSEMARY ROASTED PORK LOIN with Gravy
- pork loin roast, 3 to 5 lbs.
- 3 or 4 clove
- garlic, peeled and quartered pole to pole
- 3 to 5 sprig(s)
- fresh rosemary stems
- olive oil, extra virgin
- fresh ground black pepper
- salt (sea, kosher or table variety)
- 3 to 4
- yards of butcher's twine, 100% cotton (if using traditional butcher's method; less if tying single strings and knots)
- 2- 2/12 c
- pork or chicken broth
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- soy sauce
- 1 tsp
- balsamic vinegar
How to Make GARLIC ROSEMARY ROASTED PORK LOIN with Gravy
- 4Use a paring knife to make a dozen or more 2 inch deep narrow and fairly evenly spaced slits in roast.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately one hour or until meat thermometer inserted into center of thickest part reads 150 degrees F. (If roast looks a little pale, increase oven temperature to 475 degrees F, remove lid or foil, remove rosemary stem/stems from underneath twine and roast for an additional 10 to 15 minutes to brown.
- 14Gravy: Pour juices from pan into fat separator or skim fat from juice. (You should have about 1/2 cup juice.) Pour juice, from separator or skillet, into measuring cup or bowl; whisk in 1/4 cup all purpose flour until smooth.
- 17When thickened to desired consistency, remove from heat, cover and keep warm until served.
- 20Cover and refrigerate all leftovers.