Fireman Bob's Dinner in a 3 Inch Ball
There is nothing better then a great tasting Meat Ball !!!
Well this just might be the item to beat it.... Time for some Meatsa Balls done the Firemans' way !!!!
1 lblean ground angus beef
1 lbground sausage - your choice spicy or mild ( i prefer spicy lol )
1 lbground veal
1 largeancho chile pepper - roasted and chopped
4 largeeggs - beaten
1 bunchcilantro - chopped fine
2 tspfresh oregano leaves - chopped fine
2 tspsmoked cumin
3 cpanko bread crumbs
6 clovegarlic - minced
1 tspcourse sea salt - or to taste
1 tspfresh cracked black pepper - or to taste
3/4 lbnew york sharp cheddar cheese - cubed
5 Tbspextra virgin olive oil - divided
1 lbangel hair pasta - cooked per package directions
How to Make Fireman Bob's Dinner in a 3 Inch Ball
- This one is very simple my Friends....
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except for the cheese and oil.
Now, Take enough of the meat mixture to form 3 inch balls.
Taking the ball, and opening it, press a chunk of the cheese into the center and reform the ball.
- In a large skillet, place the balls in the heated 3 tablespoons ofoil and seer all sides of the ball.
Place balls in a large pan, pour enough water to come up about 1/4 of the way up the pan.
Yes, You will be cooking these in the water bath.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes
While balls are baking, cook the pasta using 2 tablespoons of the oil.
Top the pasta with your favorite sauce, or You can always pour Browned Butter over the pasta and savor the experience!!!
- Serve with a crusty bread and green salad for an extraordinary meal !!!!