Fireman Bob's Bodacious Baked Bacon BBQ Beans
I have come up with what I think will be a great addition to any Family Gathering...
Please enjoy this one.....
Fireman Bob :)
2 largepork and beans with juice
1 largeyellow onion - chopped
2 large1 each green bell pepper and red bell pepper - chopped
3 Tbspgarlic - chopped
2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
20 ozbbq sauce - your choice ( i use sweet baby ray's )
1 Tbspspicy brown mustard
1 lbbacon - crispy and crumbled
1 lbsalt pork - diced - crispy and crumbled
2 Tbspbacon grease
1 tspcourse sea salt - or to taste
1 pinchcayenne pepper
1/4 capple cider vinegar
1 smalljalapeno pepper - chopped ( optional )
How to Make Fireman Bob's Bodacious Baked Bacon BBQ Beans
- In a large Iron skillet, cook the bacon and salt pork and crumble and then set aside.
- In a Large Dutch Oven, sauté the onions, bell peppers, garlic with the oil then set aside.
- Add the bacon and salt pork to the Dutch Oven with the onions, bell peppers, and garlic, stir combining all together....
- Add the pork and beans, brown sugar, bbq sauce, mustard, vinegar, and salt.
- Stir all together then place in a large baking pan and cover.
- Place in oven at 250 degrees F. and cook for 4 hours.