CHINESE DUMPLINGS # 1 TO COOK
How to Make CHINESE DUMPLINGS # 1 TO COOK
- TO BOIL:
Bring a large ( 7 to 8 ) quart pot of salted water to a boil. Working in 2 or 3 batches to avoid over crowding.
- Quickly add the dumplings 1 at a time making sure they don't stick to each other.
- Lower the heat to medium and continue to boil. Gently stirring occasionally until dumplings float and are cooked through 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and serve immediately with your choice of dipping sauce.
- TO PAN FRY:
Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a heavy duty 10 or 12 inch skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Quickly work in batches. If necessary adding more oil for the second batch if needed arrange the dumplings belly side down in concentric circles starting from the outer edge. Cook until golden brown on the bottom 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in 1/2 cup water or enough to come about a third of the way up the sides of the dumplings
- Bring to a boil cover and cook until all of the water has been absorbed 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking just until the dumpling are dry and crisp on the bottom 1 to 2 minutes.
- Loosen the dumplings from the pan with a spatula. Invert the pan over a plate to flip the dumplings browned side up onto the plate.