CHINESE DUMPLINGS # 1 TO COOK
How to Make CHINESE DUMPLINGS # 1 TO COOK
- 1TO BOIL:
Bring a large ( 7 to 8 ) quart pot of salted water to a boil. Working in 2 or 3 batches to avoid over crowding.
- 2Quickly add the dumplings 1 at a time making sure they don't stick to each other.
- 3Lower the heat to medium and continue to boil. Gently stirring occasionally until dumplings float and are cooked through 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4Remove with a slotted spoon and serve immediately with your choice of dipping sauce.
- 5TO PAN FRY:
Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a heavy duty 10 or 12 inch skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- 6Quickly work in batches. If necessary adding more oil for the second batch if needed arrange the dumplings belly side down in concentric circles starting from the outer edge. Cook until golden brown on the bottom 1 to 2 minutes.
- 7Pour in 1/2 cup water or enough to come about a third of the way up the sides of the dumplings
- 8Bring to a boil cover and cook until all of the water has been absorbed 2 to 3 minutes.
- 9Remove the lid reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking just until the dumpling are dry and crisp on the bottom 1 to 2 minutes.
- 10Loosen the dumplings from the pan with a spatula. Invert the pan over a plate to flip the dumplings browned side up onto the plate.