Thin & Crispy Oven Baked Pizza Crust
Andy Anderson !
Pizza Peel: amazon.com/...D=143SZNPZCBBQPK9VGM68
Pizza Stone: amazon.com/...B0000E1FDA
- 3 tsp
- sugar, table variety
- 2 tsp
- active dry yeast
- 1 c
- filtered water
- 3 Tbsp
- sweet butter, unsalted, at room temperature
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 14 oz
- all-purpose flour, about 3 cups, plus more for kneading
- olive oil, extra virgin
- topping for your pie… your choice
How to Make Thin & Crispy Oven Baked Pizza Crust
- 15Chef’s Tip: If you really don’t want to eat two pizzas, you can always freeze the unused portion. Simply rub it with some good olive oil, wrap it tightly with cling film, place in a freezer bag, squeeze out all of the air, and then pop it into the old freezer. If you wrapped it tightly, it should last for up to 3 months. Take it out of the freezer the day before you need it, and place it in the refrigerator to slowly defrost. Let it rest on your countertop for 30 minutes before stretching.
- 19Chef’s Note: The use of parchment paper helps keep everything nice and proper. This way I don’t have to use additional flour, or cornmeal to slide the pizza onto the stone. Once the pizza is stretched out, trim the excess paper with some kitchen shears. The paper will brown a bit, but it won’t impact the taste of the pie.
- 24Brush the puffed edges of the crust with your favorite extra virgin olive oil. I have an olive oil that I infused with garlic that’s excellent.