Spaghetti Squash Lasagna (No Pasta)
Some times I tried to sneak in mushrooms, but my DS never would eat with mushrooms.
Prep time doesn't include the cooking of the spaghetti squash which can be done in the microwave and takes about 13 minutes when microwaved.
3 lbspaghetti squash, cooked and cooled enough to handle
1 clovegarlic, minced
15 ozlow-fat ricotta
10 ozfrozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
1/3 cparmesan cheese
1 cpasta sauce
6 ozmozzarella cheese, sliced
How to Make Spaghetti Squash Lasagna (No Pasta)
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Split cooked squash lengthwise and remove seeds. Use fork to pull off in long strands. Place in large mixing bowl and toss with flour, garlic, and salt until well combined.
- Blend ricotta, spinach and Parmesan in food processor until smooth.
- To assemble spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce on the bottom of shallow 6 cup baking dish. Top with spaghetti squash, arranging evenly and compactly. Top spaghetti squash with ricotta mixture. Spread remaining pasta sauce over ricotta. Cover with sliced mozzarella.
- Place lasagna dish on baking sheet, bake uncovered for 40 to 50 minutes in a 350 oven or until cheese is lightly brown on edges and juices bubble.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.