Shrimp & Pesto Pasta- Diabetic Connect
- 8 oz
- whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1 lb
- asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 c
- sliced jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/4 c
- prepared pesto
- 2 tsp
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb
- raw shrimp, (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 c
- dry white wine optional
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
How to Make Shrimp & Pesto Pasta- Diabetic Connect
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add fettuccine and cook for 3 minutes less than the package directions specify. Add asparagus and continue cooking until the pasta and asparagus are just tender,about 3 minutes more.
- 2Reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water,drain the fettuccine and asparagus and return to the pot. Stir in peppers and pesto. Cover to keep warm. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook,stirring occasionally,until pink,about 3 minutes.
- 3Add wine,increase heat to high and continue cooking until the shrimp are curled and the wine is reduced,about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and the reserved cooking water to the pasta. Toss to coat. Season with pepper and serve immediately.