PENNE PASTA WITH MEAT SAUCE
Recipe & photo: recipe.com
8 ozpenne pasta
1 lbground chuck
1/2 cchopped onion
1 can(s)(14 oz.) italian-style tomatoes, undrained
1 can(s)(6 oz.) italian-style tomato paste
1/4 ctomato juice
1/2 tspdried oregano, crushed
1/4 tspblack pepper
1/2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make PENNE PASTA WITH MEAT SAUCE
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well. Return to hot pan and cover to keep warm.
- In a very large skillet, cook ground chuck and onion until meat is brown. Drain off fat.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato juice, sugar, oregano and pepper. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Stir tomato mixture into meat mixture in skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in cooked, drained pasta. Cover and heat through. Sprinkle individual servings with mozzarella cheese.