Delicious Fettuccine Alfredo (Only 300 Calories!)
- 8 oz. fettuccini, uncooked
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free or regular chicken broth
- 4 tsp. flour
- 1/3 cup light cream cheese spread, in the tub. you can use regular block cream cheese or neufchatel cheese, it all works just fine.
- 3 tb. grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg, optional
- 2 tb. fresh parsley, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- garlic powder, optional
How to Make Delicious Fettuccine Alfredo (Only 300 Calories!)
- 1Cook pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, combine broth and flour in a medium saucepan. Stir in cream cheese spread. Whisk and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and add nutmeg, if using.
- 2Toss drained, hot pasta with sauce and 2 TB. of the Parmesan cheese and freshly cracked pepper. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. I use more grated Parmesan, but it's up to you. Dig in!