Crushed Tomato Marinara Sauce With Meatballs
I always keep a large can of crushed tomatoes in my pantry so that I can whip this up for a quick delicious meal.
- large can crushed tomatoes (28 oz.)
- tsp. pepper
- tsp. basil
- tsp. oregano
- cloves garlic, minced
- tsp. salt, to taste
- tb. brown sugar, or to taste depending on the sweetness of your canned tomatoes (i use 3 tb. usually)
- small splash of red wine, if you have any opened, totally optional
- lb. ground chuck
- cloves garlic
- tsp. salt
- tsp. pepper
- egg, slightly beaten
- cup parmesan cheese
- cup dried italian breadcrumbs
- tb. dried parsley (fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped, if you have it)
CRUSHED TOMATO SAUCE
How to Make Crushed Tomato Marinara Sauce With Meatballs
- 1For Sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients in medium saucepan and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Taste test salt and sugar.
- 2For Meatballs: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In small processor, combine onion and garlic and process until fine. Place all meatball ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Zip and combine until JUST incorporated. Over-working will make meatballs tough.
- 3Roll into 1 1/2" balls. Place in a 13x9" parchment lined baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 11-12 minutes. (Slightly under cook.)
- 4Add meatballs to sauce and simmer gently for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with your favorite pasta and salad.