Oh so easy Dough
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/4 c
- 3 plus(as c
- bread flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/4 c
- lukewarm water
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp
- chopped garlic (i use jared )
- 1 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp
- parsley flakes
- 1/2 Tbsp
- dried onion flakes
- 1/2 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated (optional )
How to Make Oh so easy Dough
- 1Mix water, yeast and olive oil and garlic ... set aside
(as it sets it will start to foam ... this is a GOOD thing )
- 2Combine cornmeal and flour.
add remaining spices. mix well
- 3Add yeast mixture after it has foamed and to flour mixture.
Mix well . Knead a few times .If really sticky use additional flour sparingly.
- 4Place in well oiled (olive oil) bowl, turn to coat top of dough.
Cover with a damp tea towel and put in a warm place to rise.(kitchen counter is fine )
- 5When doubled in size (the warmer the quicker it will double ) cut dough into portions appropriate for use and pat into desired shape ie :round for pizza, calzones, rectangles for breadsticks etc...
- 6for pizza, prick dough with fork, top with desired toppings (flat items on bottom, raw meats on top)
Bake in preheated 450* oven for 20-35 min until bottom is golden brown. Let rest for 5 min before cutting (this will help the toppings to stay on when cutting )
- 7For calzones, place dough on oiled cookie sheet , top 1/4 with desired toppings (You MUST COOK raw meats first ) fold over using a little water to seal seam, fold seam and press WELL. Brush with well beaten egg. Cut vent hole on top and bake in a preheated 450* oven until golden on bottom of calzone. approx. 20-40 min depending on size.
- 8NOTE : If dough is too "springy" when forming , cover and let rest 5 min.