HAGGIS, TATTIES & NEEPS
Recipe & photo: britishfood.about.com
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1/2-3 lb(2 cans) canned haggis
4 largepotatoes, peeled and chopped
3 or 4 largeturnips, peeled and chopped (can also use rutabagas)
1 largepinch grated nutmeg
·sea salt and pepper to taste
How to Make HAGGIS, TATTIES & NEEPS
- TATTIES: Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water, add a pinch of salt, cover the pan and bring the potatoes to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook about 20 minutes; drain and place aside.
- Melt half the butter in the same pan the potatoes were cooked in. Add half the milk and warm. Add the potatoes and the nutmeg, and mash until fluffy.
- NEEPS: Place turnips in a large saucepan, and follow directions for potatoes, except do not add nutmeg to this mixture.
- Meanwhile, heat haggis in a saucepan until heated through. Serve with the tatties and neeps.
- NOTE: For canned haggis, check the International aisle of your supermarket. It can also be found online at Amazon.com, among others.