HAGGIS, TATTIES & NEEPS
Recipe & photo: britishfood.about.com
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 1/2-3 lb
- (2 cans) canned haggis
- 4 large
- potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 or 4 large
- turnips, peeled and chopped (can also use rutabagas)
- 1 large
- pinch grated nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp
- sea salt and pepper to taste
How to Make HAGGIS, TATTIES & NEEPS
- 1TATTIES: Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water, add a pinch of salt, cover the pan and bring the potatoes to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook about 20 minutes; drain and place aside.
- 2Melt half the butter in the same pan the potatoes were cooked in. Add half the milk and warm. Add the potatoes and the nutmeg, and mash until fluffy.
- 3NEEPS: Place turnips in a large saucepan, and follow directions for potatoes, except do not add nutmeg to this mixture.
- 4Meanwhile, heat haggis in a saucepan until heated through. Serve with the tatties and neeps.
- 5NOTE: For canned haggis, check the International aisle of your supermarket. It can also be found online at Amazon.com, among others.