Flatulent Free Bean Soup
How to Make Flatulent Free Bean Soup
- I use any combination of beans that take my fancy. Sort them into a dutch oven or large pot and cover with 6 to 8 cups of water. Leave covered overnight.
- The next day drain the water off the beans and let them set in a vented pot 10 to 16 hours.
- Rinse the beans. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Boiling will bring a white bubbly covering to the top of the water. Turn off heat and skim the white scum off the top of the water. Drain the beans, rinse well. Cover with water and set on stove and bring to a boil again. if scum appears again repeat the above procedure.
- When water is pretty clear after bringing it to a boil, once of twice usually does it depending on the type of beans. Bring to a boil and add seasoning, meat and any fresh veggies you like. Simmer until tender. Usually about 30 minutes.
- While beans are cooking go ahead and pop your favorite Johnny cake or cornbread into the oven.
I serve this as soup the first night and as bean gravy over boiled or fried potatoes the second night covered with extremely thin onions and fresh celery.