Family Favorite Baked Italian Sub
A family favorite for Sunday football or to pack and take with to our local sporting events. Fun for fall picnics. Great for working moms, too.
Make one large sandwich on a loaf of fresh French bread, or make on individual hoagie rolls, it's up to you. Pick from my suggested ingredients, or personalize and make it your own!
As a variation, I sometimes omit the sauce and use a loaf of prepared garlic bread in place of the French bread.
- loaf of bakery french bread or 6 6-8" hoagie rolls
- lb. deli pit ham
- lb.deli roasted turkey breast
- lb. deli roast beef
- lb. provolone or pepper jack cheese
- medium red onion, sliced
- large tomatoes
- banana pepper rings
- italian dressing
- creamy italian dressing
- creamy horseradish sauce
- mayo or salad dressing
CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE SAUCE
How to Make Family Favorite Baked Italian Sub
- 1Slice French bread lengthwise (or use 6 hoagie rolls). On bottom bun, layer meat, cheese, then veggies. (Veggies last if you plan to open after baking to add shredded lettuce.) Spread top bun generously with the sauce (dressing) of your choice. Wrap tightly in foil.
- 2Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350-375 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melty. Carefully open foil and add shredded lettuce, if desired. Cut into individual servings or cut into 1 1/2" slices secured with a sandwich pick to serve as an appetizer for football parties.