- rabbit, whole or cut up
- your favorite seasoning with salt, pepper, garlic and onion
- 1 lb
- whole peeled carrots cut in large chunks, 2 to 2.5 inches.
- 6 medium
- russet potatoes, cleaned and quartered
- 1 c
- water or chicken broth
- onions, sliced
- 1 slow cooker bag
How to Make Easy Crockpot Rabbit
- 1If using a slow cooker liner place it in your slow cooker while it is turned off. Rinse your rabbit with cool water and pat dry. Season it with the seasoning of your choice. We like Alpine Touch which is made in Montana.
- 2Place the sliced onions in the bottom of the cooker. Pour in the liquid. Add your seasoned rabbit. Place the carrots and potatoes around and on top of the rabbit. Season them with your seasoning.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 10 hours. Do not take lid off. Once it is done remove the veggies and rabbit to a platter and cover.
- 4Pour the liquid into a sauce pan. If using a slow cooker liner lift out and cut a slit in the bottom and let it pour into pot. Add 2 Tbsp cool water to 2 Tbsp cornstarch. Stir until smooth. Bring liquid to a boil and stir in cornstarch slurry with a whisk. Let boil on medium for 5 minutes. Use for meat and potatoes.