Absolutely Delicious Shrimp Packets Bake or Grill
I usually serve this with my "Rice Pilaf With Pasta" for a complete meal. Recipe link in "Comments" section.
1 largecan of pineapple slices, 16 oz.
1 1/2 lbmedium shrimp, peeled and deveined, raw
3 tspold bay seasoning
6 Tbspfinely chopped red bell pepper
6 Tbspbrown sugar
How to Make Absolutely Delicious Shrimp Packets Bake or Grill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (... or you can grill these on a gas grill over medium-low heat... watch closely.)
- Cut 6 strips of aluminum foil, each 12 inches long. Use a double thickness of foil if grilling.
- Place one pineapple slice in the center of each piece of foil. Arrange 6-8 medium shrimp on top of pineapple slice. Sprinkle each packet with 1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning.
- Add 1 TB. red bell pepper and 1 TB. brown sugar to each packet. Top each packet with 1 TB. butter.
- Bring the corners of the foil together over the top of each serving and twist to close, so that each packet resembles a pyramid. Seal tightly so that juices stay inside. If baking, place packets on baking sheet. If grilling, you can place directly on the grill.
- Bake (or grill) for 20 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Do not overcook. Additional pineapple slices can be brushed with butter or sprayed with butter cooking spray and grilled directly on the rack for a few minutes until grill lines appear. Serve with my "Rice Pilaf With Pasta".
278 calories per packet