Incredibly Good Rice Baked Stuffed Fish-Connie's
13-4 lb. pike, perch or whitefish, cleaned and boned
2 Tbspminced onion
1/4 cdry bread crumbs
1 1/2 ccooked rice, cooled
1/4 tspdill weed
1 Tbspminced parsley
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
2lemons, cut into slices
How to Make Incredibly Good Rice Baked Stuffed Fish-Connie's
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease shallow baking pan.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in skillet.
- Cook onion in butter until tender.
- Remove onion from heat.
- Add crumbs, rice, salt, pepper, paprika, basil, dill, parsley and lemon juice. Toss lightly until mixed.
- Fill cavity of fish lightly with stuffing and fasten with skewers and string.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in microwave.
- Spread 1/2 of butter over fish and sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon paprika.
- Place half slices of lemon in center of prepared pan.
- Place fish on lemon slices; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon paprika.
- Memo: This fish must be basted frequently with remaining melted butter during the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 45 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve on heated platter; garnish with additional lemon slices and parsley.
- Cut into individual servings and enjoy!