Catfish Ain't Got Nuthin' on Me!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Travel anywhere in the South and you'll see fried catfish on the menu. It's a southern staple. While this may not be a true southern style catfish, it's mighty tasty! The catfish comes out nice and crisp. We loved the sweet and spicy flavor. These little guys were gobbled up quickly in the Test Kitchen. The Test Kitchen
- 2 lb
- fresh catfish cut into about 2 inch bits
- 1/2 c
- honey, clover is sweet
- 1 c
- canola or safflower oil
- 2 c
- all-purpose flour, good old white enriched
- 1/2 tsp
- each: baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, and cayenne pepper
- eggs beaten in a bowl
- bottle of your favorite hot sauce
How to Make Catfish Ain't Got Nuthin' on Me!
- 2Beat two eggs in a bowl. Then into a second larger bowl, pour in flour, baking powder, and seasonings. If you like it REAL spicy add way more cayenne. I add a little and let people season on their plates for hotter. Once you over spice you can't undo it. An alternative: I do is get a premade Cajun fish mix and use that instead of my own. But I follow up at the end with a little of my own. I like mine spicy!