Sweet Surrender Chicken
- 1 large
- fat chicken - cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 c
- pepper jam (i used my strawberry mango pineapple jalapeno jam)
- 1/2 c
- soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp
- crushed garlic (i used the jarred stuff)
How to Make Sweet Surrender Chicken
- 1Put the chicken into two gallon baggies or one big Tupperware container and mix the sauce ingredients and pour over chicken and marinate over night.
Next day put in all in a clay baking pot and cook on 325 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Turning after an hour. or in Crock pot for 8 hours on low.
- 3NOTE: I put mine into two bags. 1/2 chicken each - cut into 4 pieces, thigh, leg and two pieces from the breast (one with the wing and slightly smaller on the breast meat and the bottom of the breast). I left both overnight in the fridge with 1/4 cup each of jam and soy sauce and 2 tablespoons garlic in each. I turned them in the morning and cooked one for dinner and froze the second baggie for another meal.