Roasted Chicken with Vegetable Stuffing
Amanda A. Becker
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1small whole chicken (fresh or frozen)
·salt (kosher or sea)
·pepper (fine or coarse)
4-6 Tbspolive oil
1 largesweet potato
·(optional) whole mushrooms
How to Make Roasted Chicken with Vegetable Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
Get a 9x13 baking pan.
- Dice carrot, garlic, and apple together. These can be small-medium pieces.
Rip the rosemary off the sprig in the opposite direction of the leaves. Chop the chives and rosemary. Put everything in bowl.
- Dice sweet potato into small-medium chunks. Leave on cutting board.
- Take chicken out of package. Rinse the inside with water. Drain well. Pat dry inside and out.
- Place chicken in pan. Rub olive oil inside and out. Salt inside and out. Add pepper to the outside. Stuff the bird with step #2 ingredients. Some of it won't fit. Empty the contents into the baking pan wherever. Add the potatoes separately around the chicken. Pour the rest of the olive oil (or more if you already used it) on the vegetables. Add more salt and pepper.
- Let it roast for approx. 2 hours or until the juices run clear between the breast and leg. If you have a thermometer it should read 165 degrees F. Add an extra 30 minutes if it's not done by 2 hours.