I've also used about a third of a packet of frozen stir fry mix (carrots, sugar snap peas, carrots, peppers, green and yellow beans) in place of the Bell Peppers and it worked equally well.
- chicken thighs
- 2 large
- red bell pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- green bell pepper
- 1 large
- tbsp smokey paprika.
- 1/2 pt
- 250mls chicken stock
- 1 can(s)
- tomatoes, canned and chopped, with liquid
How to Make Paprika chicken
- 1Pre-heat the oven to about 180 ºC, 356 F.
Brown the chicken thighs which serves 4 (this is the time when you should cook chicken first if you want to reduce the cooking time) and remove it from the pan (the pan I use is the roasting tin I’m going to cook it in).
- 2Fry onions until they are soft then add a palm full of smokey Paprika.
- 3Sprinkle on a little all purpose flour (to thicken up the sauce whilst it’s cooking). and then add chicken stock (about 1/2 pint)and a tin of tomatoes.
- 4Add half each of a sliced red, orange and green pepper.
Put the chicken back into the roasting tin and then put into the oven then depending on if you pre cook the chicken it can be anything from 30mins – 1 hour.
- 5I serve it with plain rice and a nice bread …either a nice crusty loaf or Ciabatta