Mom's Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Gravy
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 8 oz
- (2 cups) fresh mushrooms, quarter (i use the white button mushrooms)
- sliced, yellow onion, separated into rings
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/4 c
- dry sherry, white wine, or merlot
- 1/2 c
- whole milk
- 2 tsp
How to Make Mom's Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Gravy
- 1Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts; cook chicken 12 to 15 minutes or until fork tender and juices run clear, turning once. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- 2Melt 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet; add mushrooms and onion. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Add sherry; bring to a boil. In small bowl, combine milk and cornstarch; blend well. Add to mushroom mixture; cook until mixture thickens and boils.
- 3Serve over chicken. Makes 4 servings.