ITALIAN STYLE CHICKEN & PEPPERS
Recipe & photo: tasteofhome.com
- 2 c
- meatless pasta sauce
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- green pepper, chopped fine
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 4 slice
- part-skim mozzarella cheese
How to Make ITALIAN STYLE CHICKEN & PEPPERS
- 1Place pasta sauce in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, covered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until hot, stirring halfway.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green pepper; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in cream cheese.
- 3Arrange chicken in a greased 13x9" baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon pepper mixture onto chicken. Pour warmed sauce over top. Place cheese over sauce.
- 4Bake, covered, in a preheated 425º oven for 23-30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165º.