Grilled Chicken with Cherry-Chipotle Barbecue Sauc
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 c
- fresh or frozen (thawed) dark sweet cherries, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 c
- reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 c
- cherry preserves
- 1/3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp
- minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- ground allspice
- 2 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
How to Make Grilled Chicken with Cherry-Chipotle Barbecue Sauc
- 1Stir cherries,broth,preserves,ketchup,vinegar, chipotle peppers,thyme and allspice in a small deep bowl. Transfer to a shallow nonreactive dish large enough to hold chicken. Add chicken and turn to coat well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 2Preheat grill to high. Oil the grill rack.
Remove the chicken from the marinade. Transfer the marinade to a medium skillet. Bring the marinade to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the sauce is reduced by about half. 12-15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile,reduce the grill heat to medium and grill the chicken until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle. 7-9 minutes per side. Let the chicken cool slightly. Serve with the sauce.