Fireman Bob's Tarr Chic with Smas Garl Pota.......
I LOVE the taste of tarragon.....
Hope You all enjoy!!!!!
The Fireman ! :)
- 6 lb
- chicken - whole
- 2 tsp
- course sea salt - or to taste - divided
- 2 tsp
- white pepper - or to taste - divided
- 1/2 c
- 2 c
- butter - melted - divided
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken stock - homemade or store bought
- 3 large
- lemons - fresh - 1/4 inch sliced
- 1 large
- white onion - diced fine
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh tarragon - diced fine - plus 1 tsp dried tarragon - diced fine
- juice - from lemons
- zest - from lemons
- 6 large
- potatoes - yukon gold - cubed into 1/2 inch cubes
- head of roasted garlic - see note on roasting garlic
- 4 large
- green onions - chopped fine
FOR THE CHICKEN...
FOR THE SMAHED GARLIC POTATOES
How to Make Fireman Bob's Tarr Chic with Smas Garl Pota.......
- 1NOTE: Roasting Garlic is very simple to do if You haven't done it before... Just take a Bulb of Garlic ( Head ) and " cut " the top off leaving the cloves exposed, drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on the top of the bulbs/heads and wrap in foil tightly. Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. If this is your first time roasting garlic, You will want to do more then You need, because You will fall in love with the taste... see roasted garlic photo...
- 2For the Chicken...
Place half of the lemon slices under the skin all around and inside the cavity...
Prepare the Whole Chicken by combining 1 cup of melted butter, heavy cream, and lemon juice over the whole chicken...
Combine the flour, salt, and pepper, lemon zest, and tarragon, fresh and dried. Sprinkle the flour mixture all over the Chicken.
- 5In a large pan, add salt, and enough water, to cover the potatoes, bring to a boil and simmer till done.
Drain pan, add 1 cup melted butter, the cloves of 1 bulb of the roasted garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
Taking a potato smasher, blend all ingredients till semi smashed, leaving " chunks " of potato....