Eastern Style Broiled Chicken
3 lbchicken breasts with skin on
1 tspblack pepper
1 Tbspminced fresh rosemary
1 tspminced garlick
1 Tbspminced fresh (or dry ) thyme
3 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Eastern Style Broiled Chicken
- Remove 4 strips of zest from lemon with a vegetable peeler, avoiding white pith, halve lemon, then squeeze juice into a mixer.
- Add all of the ingredients except the chicken and mix well, until a creamy liquid is obtained.
- Put the chicken breasts in a bowel and rub well with the seasoning mixture . Cover it and put it in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat broiler.
- Transfer chicken, skin sides down, to rack of a broiler pan and broil 3 to 4 inches from heat, turning over every 5 minutes, 15 minutes total.
- Remove broiler pan from oven, then transfer chicken to a plate with tongs. Carefully remove rack from broiler pan and keep juices accumulated in the bottom in bowl .
- Transfer chicken to pan juices, then toss to coat and arrange chicken skin sides up. Return broiler pan to oven and broil chicken until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes more.
Transfer chicken to a platter and pour any juices from broiler pan over it and serve.