CREAMY LEMON DIJON CHICKEN
Recipe & photo: swanson.campbellskitchen.com
4chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1 Tbspcanola oil
1 largeshallot, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
2 Tbspcapers, rinsed and drained
1-1/2 cswanson cream starter traditional
2 Tbspstone ground mustard
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make CREAMY LEMON DIJON CHICKEN
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Grate 1 tsp. zest and squeeze 2 Tbsp. juice from the lemon.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until browned on both sides. Remove from the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the shallot andcapers and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the lemon juice and cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the cream starter and the mustard and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the lemon zest. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over hot cooked rice or noodles.