- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- 3 c
- half & half
- 1 Tbsp
- chicken soup base or 3 bouillon cubes
- 3 Tbsp
- white wine
- 3 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- slices swiss cheese
- hot cooked rice
How to Make Chicken Piccata
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Pound chicken breast flat and cut into serving size pieces. set aside.
- 3In a plastic bag combine 3/4 cup flour and paprika. Add chicken one piece at a time; shake to coat.
- 4In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown chicken in butter, reserving pan drippings; arrange chicken in a 9x13 baking pan.
- 5Stir 1 Tbsp. flour into drippings. Gradually add in half & half, wine, lemon juice and chicken soup base.
- 6Over low heat, cook and stir until slightly thickened and bouillon is dissolved, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- 7Pour sauce over chicken and bake covered for 20 minutes.
- 8Uncover and top with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or just until cheese has melted. Serve with rice.