6chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
3 chalf & half
1 Tbspchicken soup base or 3 bouillon cubes
3 Tbspwhite wine
3 Tbsplemon juice
6slices swiss cheese
·hot cooked rice
How to Make Chicken Piccata
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pound chicken breast flat and cut into serving size pieces. set aside.
- In a plastic bag combine 3/4 cup flour and paprika. Add chicken one piece at a time; shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown chicken in butter, reserving pan drippings; arrange chicken in a 9x13 baking pan.
- Stir 1 Tbsp. flour into drippings. Gradually add in half & half, wine, lemon juice and chicken soup base.
- Over low heat, cook and stir until slightly thickened and bouillon is dissolved, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake covered for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and top with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or just until cheese has melted. Serve with rice.