Chicken Peppers & Pasta
- boneless skinless chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken
- large green bell peppers or combination
- onions, sliced in slivers
- 1 can(s)
- chicken broth, low-fat
- large zucchini chopped, skins remain (optional)
- 1-1/2 lb
- angel hair pasta
- garlic powder, salt & pepper
- olive oil
- cloves of fresh garlic, sliced thin
How to Make Chicken Peppers & Pasta
- 1The original recipe my nephew came up with called for grilling the chicken breasts on the grill covered with a large amount of garlic powder. Then cut into cubes. I have used rottiserie chicken for the time savings that I skin and cut up. That is how I will be describing the directions.
- 2Heat 4 TBS olive oil in a large dutch oven, add cut up chicken, onions and green peppers and zucchini if including. Add salt and pepper and about 4-6 tsp of garlic powder, stir and saute until vegetables are tender crisp. Taste when almost cooked to ensure you have used enough garlic.
- 3In another large dutch over, cook pasta per directions, drain and put into a very large bowl. When the chicken and vegetables are cooked, add them to the pasta and toss. Pour 1/2 can of chicken broth over the pasta and toss. If more liquid is needed, just add more broth. This tastes even better the next day but, you might need to add more chicken broth since the pasta continues to soak up the liquid. We serve this with a salad and also my cheesy, herb bread! This is light, very fragrant and so good!