We ate this in a big bowl..over rice, with pork n beans and a little jalapeño juice added in before serving. I know these extras may sound weird...but, this is how I know and love it. Feel free to leave the pork n beans out...but at least give it a try!
- celery stalk, diced
- 1 medium
- yellow onion, diced
- carrots, diced
- 3 or 4
- chicken bouillon cubes
- 5 or 6
- chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 3 or 4 Tbsp
- unbleached white flour
- water to cover
- 1 stick
- cooked rice
- can of pork n beans
- jalapeño juice
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken Fricassee
- 1Melt butter in large pan or Dutch oven...saute the celery, carrots, onions, and bullion cubes until softened.
- 2Add flour to mixture and stir until well coated and flour has been fully incorporated (this is making the lite roux). ...then,
Add enough water to cover the bottom. Mix well.
- 3Add chicken to pan and salt and pepper. Add enough water to slightly cover the chicken. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to simmer for 45 mins (turning chicken once halfway thru cooking time)
If sauce is too thick for your likening...add more water to thin it out.
- 4Notes: I don't give salt and pepper amounts because I'm a bit of a salt aholic. Before adding the chicken to the pan..taste the sauce and adjust seasoning...but remember to salt and pepper the chicken when you add it too.
You can also brown the chicken before sautéing the veggies if wanted.
We eat this over rice with pork n beans and jalapeño juice mixed in at the end.
Very easy recipe..can make a little or a ton.