Chicken Curry from Guyana
1onion, large, chopped
3 clovegarlic, minced
3 sprig(s)cilantro, finely chopped
2 tspturmeric, ground
1 tspcumin, ground
1 tspcrushed red pepper
2 tspfresh ginger root, minced or grated
·salt and white pepper, to taste
1/3 cwhite vinegar
3 lbchicken breast, boneless, skinless & cubed
4potatoes, large, peeled and cubed
How to Make Chicken Curry from Guyana
- In a large frying pan, saute onion and garlic in butter until soft.
- Grind herbs and spices. Add to onions. Stir until fragrant.
- Add vinegar, there should be enough vinegar to make a smooth paste. If not, add more.
- cover chicken with this paste and marinate chicken in it for 1 hour or more if you wish it more flavorful.
- When ready to cook, add chicken to large pan with enough water to reconstitute paste. Cover and cook for 45 minutes, adding water as needed.
- Add potatoes. Cook until potatoes are done.