CHICKEN AND FENNEL IN ROSEMARY-WINE BROTH
1 lbfennel bulb
1 lbboneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
1-1/2 tspfresh chopped rosemary
5 tspflour, divided
1 Tbspextra virgin olive oil, divided
1/4 cwhite or red wine
2 tspgarlic, minced
1 can(s)14.5oz chicken broth
1/2 tspsalt, to taste
1/4 tsppepper, to taste
How to Make CHICKEN AND FENNEL IN ROSEMARY-WINE BROTH
- Trim stalk from fennel.
Quarter lengthwise, then slice crosswise into small pieces, reserve fronds for garnish.
- Put chicken on a plate and sprinkle with rosemary. Then sprinkle with 4 tsp. of flour. Toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned, but not fully cooked (about 6 minutes).
Transfer to plate.
- In same skillet, over medium-high heat, heat remaining 2 tsp oil.
Add fennel and onions.
Saute until lightly browned and almost tender (about 7 minutes).
- Add wine and garlic; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring bottom of pan to scrape up browned bits, until most of wine has evaporated (about 1 minute).
- In a small bowl, mix broth with remaining flour.
Stir into skillet.
Add salt and pepper to taste,
Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-law; simmer 1 minute.
Add chicken and cook, tossing often, until chicken is cooked through (about 2 minutes).
Garnish with fennel fronds and serve.