CHICKEN AND BACON POT PIE
Recipe & photo: Kraftfoods.com
6 slicebacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 mediumbaking potato, cubed
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 mediumcarrot, chopped
1 cfrozen peas
2 clovegarlic, minced
2-1/4 cchicken broth
4 ozcream cheese, cubed
3 cshredded cooked chicken
1single pie crust
How to Make CHICKEN AND BACON POT PIE
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Discard all but 2 tsp. drippings from pan.
- Add vegetables and garlic to reserved drippings; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually stir in broth and bring to a boil. Add cream cheese; cook and stir 1 minute or until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Remove from heat and stir in chicken. Spoon into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or shallow 1-1/2-qt. casserole; top with bacon.
- Prepare dough for pie crust and roll into a 10-inch round. Place over chicken mixture. Flute edge, sealing to edge of pie plate. Cut several slits in crust to allow steam to escape. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400º oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown. If crust gets too brown, cover edges with aluminum foil for the last 10 minutes.