☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbchicken, bone in and cut up
·salt and pepper, to taste
1onion, thinly sliced
1 clovegarlic, minced
3fresh medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and rough chopped (caned tomatoes do not work well with this recipe)
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 tsporegano, dried
1/8 tspclove, ground
How to Make Chicken Aguascalientes
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
In 12 inch skillet brown chicken in cooking oil about 15 minutes.
Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes, lemon juice, sugar, salt, oregano, cinnamon, cloves, and 1/2 cup water. Cover; simmer 30 to 35 minutes or till chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to platter, keep warm.
- Measure pan juices; add water to make 2 cups total. Return to skillet.
Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water; add to skillet. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken; pass the remaining sauce.