Cabbage rolls, w/ chicken.pork and brautwurst
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbground chicken
1 smallgood bratwurst link defrosted and skined
1/2 lbof your store brand breakfast sausage
1 smallyellow squash cut and into the chopper
1 smallzucchini squash cut and into the chopper
1 cfresh bread crums soft from freash bread
29 ozcan of good tomatto sauce, heat on stove.
1 clong grain rice add to meat
How to Make Cabbage rolls, w/ chicken.pork and brautwurst
- Start the making the meat mixture and add rice and all ingredients and set aside. You may want to use the food processor and kitchen aid to blend the meat and vegetables
- Start with an 8 quart pan on stove w/water 1/2 way up. add salt and when hot but not boiling, after cutting out the core of your cabbage place the whole cabbage in the pot. In about 4 5 minuets start to feel the leaves if there is no resistance start taking them off one at a time. have a large cookie sheet with rack waiting next to the pot. take off as many as you will need. I cut out the stem and use both sides 2. I used about eight leaves and bagged the rest of the cabbage whole. stack up the leaves next to your chopping board after cooled.
- with an ice cream scoop start making meat balls approx. 2 to 3 " round and placing them in the hot cabbage water about 5 minuets. After done with all the meat using a nice spider place the balls on your cookie sheet to cool.
- After the balls have cooled a little they are easy to handle, cut in half and roll them into a small fat cigar about 2" long. After you have cooled take one at a time and cut out the vain. lay as flat as you can and roll up your little cigar into the cabbage roll and place seam side down on the cutting board.
- Now at this point you should have about 24 rolls made. In an oven safe pan restack the cabbage rolls on the seam just like the cutting board they will stay together without all the meat falling out. Now that all the rolls are in the dish in a single layer, add a couple cups hot water from the stove and place into a preheated 350 degree oven in center rack. Watch the water allow it to steam for 30 minuets turn oven down to 325 degree then start adding a good tomato sauce to the cabbages its ok to mix it with the water . after 45 minuets check the sauce and add more if needed until all gone.