BROWN RICE AND CHICKEN BAKE
Recipe & photo: kraftrecipes.com
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 slice
- bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- carrots, peeled, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thirds or 18 baby carrots cut in half
- 1 c
- long-grain brown rice, uncooked
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 can(s)
- (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
- 1/4 c
- kraft tuscan house italian dressing
- 1 c
- kraft shredded three cheese with a touch of philadelphia
- green onions, sliced
How to Make BROWN RICE AND CHICKEN BAKE
- 1Cook and stir bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Drain. Discard all but 1 Tbsp. drippings from skillet.
- 2Add chicken breasts to reserved drippings; cook 3 minutes on each side or until evenly browned. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- 3Add carrots and rice to skillet; cook and stir 3 minutes, adding garlic for the last minute. Stir in broth and dressing; bring to boil.
- 4Spoon into 2-qt. casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with chicken. Cover.
- 5Bake in a preheated 375º oven for 1 hour or until chicken is done and rice is tender. Remove from oven; top with cheese, bacon and onions. Cover; let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 6NOTE: May substitute chicken legs or thighs.