Fireman Bob's Vegetarian Casserole my way...
This would be my version of that meal...
I hope You all enjoy!!!
Fireman Bob :)
1 cwild rice
1 pkgsoy burger crumbles
1 largecan whole tomatoes, drained - keep 1/2 cup juice - set aside
3 Tbspchili powder
2 pkgtaco seasoning mix - heat level your choice
2 largecorn tortillas - 12 inch packages
2 largecans refried beans, vegetarian - divided
2 largejalapeno peppers - seeded - diced fine
2 csalsa - your choice on brand
1 lbcheddar cheese - shredded - divided
1 lbmonterey jack cheese - shredded - divided
14 ozcan green chile - whole - drained - diced fine
2 bunchcilantro, fresh - chopped
How to Make Fireman Bob's Vegetarian Casserole my way...
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Turn heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place soy crumbles, tomatoes, reserved tomato juice, chili powder, cumin, green chile, and taco seasoning in a Large Dutch Oven and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Cook and stir, breaking up tomatoes, for 10 minutes.
- Take 1/2 cup of tomato mixture and spread on bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Place one layer of corn tortillas in a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Layer with one quarter of the beans, jalapeno peppers, rice, salsa, soy mixture, cheddar cheese, monterey jack cheese.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, beginning with the corn tortillas, and top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top before serving.