BRAZILIAN BLACK BEAN AND BEEF CASSEROLE
- 1 stalk(s)
- celery, chopped finely
- carrots, chopped finely
- onions, chopped finely
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- bell pepper, small, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp
- orange zest, grated
- 14 1/2 oz
- unsalted stewed tomatoes (1 can)
- 1 lb
- lean stew beef, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 4 c
- cooked black beans (or 2 cans, drained & rinsed)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
How to Make BRAZILIAN BLACK BEAN AND BEEF CASSEROLE
- 1Saute celery, carrots, onions, garlic, and bell pepper in oil for 5 minutes, stirring every now and then to make sure vegetables are not sticking.
- 2Add orange zest, tomatoes, and meat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add black beans and simmer, uncovered, for 15-30 minutes more, until stew is nice and thick.
- 3Season to taste with salt & pepper.