Kind of Reminds one of the Old West doesn't it sitting around a camp fire or at least an outside cooking pit or charcoal BBQ. Anyway whether it is cooked on the stove, Cooking Pit, or BBQ it is bound to be good. Enjoy !
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1-16 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 1-16oz can red kidney beans drained
- 1-10+1/2 oz can condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup shredded sharp processed cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp instant minced onions
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- casserole topping
- 1 pkg refrigerated biscuits
- (10 biscuits)
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine melted
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
How to Make Western Casserole
- 1Brown meat in skillet
- 2Stir in corn, kidney beans, tomato soup, cheese, milk, onion, and chili powder; bring to boiling
- 3Turn boiling mixture into 2 quart casserole dish
- 4Bake uncovered, 400 F for 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile: Dip the refrigerated biscuits in melted butter or margarine, then in cornmeal.
- 6Place around edge of boiling hot casserole mixture.
- 7Bake 20 minutes longer, or until biscuits are golden
- 8Makes 5 or 6 servings