SCOTTISH MEAT PIE
2 lblean hamburger
1 mediumonion, chopped fine
1 call purpose flour
1/4 tspgarlic powder -- or -- 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tspsalt (or to taste)
1home-made or store-bought pie crust
How to Make SCOTTISH MEAT PIE
- In a large pot, cook meat, onion, flour, water and spices for at least 1-1/2 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Refrigerate mixture until you can skim the fat off the top.
- Prepare pie crust and fill bottom crust with meat mixture.
- Cover with top crust and crimp; cut vent holes in top.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven until crust is golden brown, about 25-35 minutes.