Low Carb Meatloaf
It is full of flavor and texture to keep it interesting.
I will try to get a picture posted soon. Bon appétit!
2 Tbspoil, olive, coconut, or other high quality oil
1 smallonion, finely chopped
1 mediumcarrot, finely chopped
1 stickcelery, one stalk, finely chopped
2 clovegarlic, minced, ( more to taste)
2 lbground beef. (can use a mixed meat blend if desired
1/4 cground flax seeds
2 largeeggs, large
1/2 ctomato juice
2 Tbspparsley, fresh chopped
1//2 tspground black pepper
4 sliceuncooked bacon, cut in half
·can add chopped jalapeno peppers, or other peppers to taste, finely chopped
How to Make Low Carb Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease or oil a baking sheet with sides.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, pour in oil. Sauté onion, carrots, celery, and garlic, stirring occasionally , until tender, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
Place sautéed vegetables in a large bowl and set aside to cool until room temperature.
- And beef, flax seeds, eggs, tomato juice, parsley, salt, and pepper to the bowl.
- With your hands, transfer the mixture to the baking sheet and shape into a loaf shape, about 9" x 5". Cover the loaf, top and sides, with the strips of bacon. Press in gently.
- Bake loaf for one hour and 15 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center registers 160°, and the meat exhibits no pink.
Let loaf rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Makes eight servings.