Low Carb Meatloaf
It is full of flavor and texture to keep it interesting.
I will try to get a picture posted soon. Bon appétit!
- 2 Tbsp
- oil, olive, coconut, or other high quality oil
- 1 small
- onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium
- carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stick
- celery, one stalk, finely chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced, ( more to taste)
- 2 lb
- ground beef. (can use a mixed meat blend if desired
- 1/4 c
- ground flax seeds
- 2 large
- eggs, large
- 1/2 c
- tomato juice
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 tsp
- 1//2 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 4 slice
- uncooked bacon, cut in half
- can add chopped jalapeno peppers, or other peppers to taste, finely chopped
How to Make Low Carb Meatloaf
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease or oil a baking sheet with sides.
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat, pour in oil. Sauté onion, carrots, celery, and garlic, stirring occasionally , until tender, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
Place sautéed vegetables in a large bowl and set aside to cool until room temperature.
- 3And beef, flax seeds, eggs, tomato juice, parsley, salt, and pepper to the bowl.
- 4With your hands, transfer the mixture to the baking sheet and shape into a loaf shape, about 9" x 5". Cover the loaf, top and sides, with the strips of bacon. Press in gently.
- 5Bake loaf for one hour and 15 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center registers 160°, and the meat exhibits no pink.
Let loaf rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Makes eight servings.