HEARTY SALISBURY STEAK
- 1 medium
- onion, finely chopped or sliced
- ½ c
- crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- ¼ c
- egg substitute
- ½ tsp
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 2 c
- 1 pkg
- onion soup mix (one envelope)
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
How to Make HEARTY SALISBURY STEAK
- 1In a large bowl, combine onion, saltines, egg substitute and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into five patties.
- 2In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove beef patties and keep warm; discard drippings.
- 3Combine water, onion soup mix and flour; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Return patties to skillet. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5-7 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 4To make gravy, reserve drippings from step #2. Place drippings in skillet, add 2-3 Tbsp. flour; stir until blended. Pour in 1 to 1½ cups water or milk, adding gradually and stirring with a wire whisk until thickened.