Fireman Bob's Scottish Stew my way...
Please say Hi from me to all the Family as You serve this Stew and enjoy!
I hope You all enjoy as well!!!
Fireman Bob :)
2 lbstewing beef - coursely chopped
2 lbrib eye steak - coursely chopped
3 Tbspbutter - room temperature
4 Tbspseasoned flour - made with the fennel seeds and thyme
2 tspfennel seeds - crushred
2 tspfresh thyme - coursely chopped
4 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1/2 tspcrushed red pepper flakes - or to taste
2 largewhite onion - coursely chopped
3 largecarrots - coursely chopped
3 largeturnip - coursely chopped
3 largeparsnips - coursely chopped
14 largebutton mushrooms - cut in half
1 tspcourse sea salt or to taste
1 tspfresh cracked black pepper or to taste
1/2 galcold water
4beef bouillon cubes
·small srings of rosemary for garnish
How to Make Fireman Bob's Scottish Stew my way...
- Ask your meat man to cut up beef for stew. ( I use a good Flank Steak, cooking time allows to get tender. )
Roll pieces of stew meat and rib eye in the seasoned flour.
Place Floured meat in a hot Skillet with the butter and allow to brown.
- Add the chopped onion, carrots, red pepper flakes, and turnips. Add the Worcestershire sauce, Cook on medium until softened.
Place the browned meat into a Large Dutch Oven, add the vegetables and cook till they are softened.
- Dissolve beef bouillon cubes in water.
Pour the bouillon/water mixture in with the stew/ stew.
Add Mushrooms to Dutch Oven.
Season with salt and pepper.
- Slow cook in oven at 295 degrees, and until beef is tender for 2 to 3 hours.
Stir every 20 to 30 minutes and keep enough water to keep the gravy to your liking.
- Serve with a Potato Bread. Garnish with srings of rosemary.