Fireman Bob's Peppers and Garlic in a Skirt !
( the " sauce " is to die for..... )
Fireman Bob :)
3 mediumred bell peppers
3 mediumpoblano chiles
3 mediumjalapeno chiles
3 mediumanaheim chile
2 croasted red tomatoes, drained and chopped
8 cloveroasted garlic, smashed
1/2 ckale, chopped fine
2 Tbspthyme, chopped fine
2 Tbspground cumin
1/2 cparsley, chopped fine
1/2 cfinely chopped cilantro
4 cred potatoes, mashed
2 cheavy cream
6 mediumshallots, chopped fine
4 lbskirt steaks, tenderized and cut 1/4 inch thick ( see note below )
2 cextra sharpe cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cblack walnuts, chopped ( if you can't find black walnutes,regular walnuts will be fine )
1/2 jar(s)capers, chopped
3 Tbspextra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cspinach, chopped fine
How to Make Fireman Bob's Peppers and Garlic in a Skirt !
- Special Note:
*** Have your Butcher Tenderize your Skirt running twice through the machine! ***
- Grill the bell peppers and chiles, turning occasionally, until evenly charred, about 10 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl and cover tightly with foil, set aside and let cool.
- Slice 1 bell pepper, 1 poblano, 1 jalapeno and the anaheim into strips.
Chop the remaining bell peppers, poblanos and jalapenos and transfer to a skillet.
- Season the steak on both sides with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Combine the chopped kale, chopped spinach, chopped walnuts, thyme, cumin and parsley, cheese, cilantro, with the mashed potatoes.
- Working with 1 skirt at a time, spread the mashed potato mixture evenly onto the
steak, layer the roasted bell pepper, poblano, jalapeno and anaheim strips on the steak.
- Starting from a short end, roll up the steak, " jelly-roll-style ". Tie the rolled skirt with kitchen string.
- The Sauce
Add the olive oil to a large skillet with the chopped peppers, garlic, capers, and chiles and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes.
Add the cream and simmer for 6 minutes
Season with salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Place rolled skirt steak in large dutch oven and cover, Place in oven and cook for 90 minutes at 250 degrees.
Let " rest " for 5 minutes.
- Slice each steak crosswise and serve on a bed of wide buttered noodles, and cover with the sauce.