Fireman Bob's Fired Up Pot Roast my way
A Pot Roast is " Comfort Food ".
This will be a regular on the Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday and Saturday Dinner Table!!!!
The Guys always loved this one every time I made it...
6 lbboneless beef pot roast with fat cap
·salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tspred pepper flakes or to taste
12 clovegarlic - whole
1 smalljalpeno pepper - diced fine (optional)
1/2 lbmushrooms sliced - your choice
4 largerusset potatoes - cut into quarter pieces
1/2 lbcarrots cut into 2 inch pieces or baby carrots
1 jar(s)fire roasted tomatoes
1 bunchflat-leaf parsley chopped
1 largeyellow onion - cut into quarter pieces
2 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1 can(s)beef broth
How to Make Fireman Bob's Fired Up Pot Roast my way
- Coat a 7-quart slow cooker or Large Dutch Oven with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Make 1/2 inch slits about 1 inch deep in the roast with a knife, " Hide " the garlic cloves inside these slits.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Arrange mushrooms, potatoes, jalapeno pepper, and carrots around beef. Place the fire roasted tomatoes over beef and vegetables.
Pour beef broth in.
- Cover, cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours at 195 degrees or until beef is tender.
- Serve beef and vegetables with sauce from slow cooker.
Garnish with parsley.