Fireman Bob's Fired Up Pot Roast my way
A Pot Roast is " Comfort Food ".
This will be a regular on the Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday and Saturday Dinner Table!!!!
The Guys always loved this one every time I made it...
- 6 lb
- boneless beef pot roast with fat cap
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes or to taste
- 12 clove
- garlic - whole
- 1 small
- jalpeno pepper - diced fine (optional)
- 1/2 lb
- mushrooms sliced - your choice
- 4 large
- russet potatoes - cut into quarter pieces
- 1/2 lb
- carrots cut into 2 inch pieces or baby carrots
- 1 jar(s)
- fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 bunch
- flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 large
- yellow onion - cut into quarter pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can(s)
- beef broth
How to Make Fireman Bob's Fired Up Pot Roast my way
- 1Coat a 7-quart slow cooker or Large Dutch Oven with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Make 1/2 inch slits about 1 inch deep in the roast with a knife, " Hide " the garlic cloves inside these slits.
- 2Place roast in slow cooker.
- 3Arrange mushrooms, potatoes, jalapeno pepper, and carrots around beef. Place the fire roasted tomatoes over beef and vegetables.
Pour beef broth in.
- 4Cover, cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours at 195 degrees or until beef is tender.
- 5Serve beef and vegetables with sauce from slow cooker.
Garnish with parsley.