Fireman Bob's " English Bobby " Burger # 5
The very first thing I did when I returned home was to go and buy a " BURGER " !!!!
I soon set out to create a Burger that would remind me of England, kind of ironic, because there were NO Burgers there! At least as I know Burgers! As I learned more about cheeses and ground beef, I came to this " creation " !
I hope You all ENJOY!!!!
Fireman Bob :)
1 lbground beef - 85%
1 lbground lamb
3 clovelarge garlic - chopped fine
2 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1 bunchgreen onions - diced fine
8 ozblue stilton ( i use " bors head " brand )
2 Tbspdijon mustard
3 Tbspbeef stock or broth
1 largeyellow onion - sliced
1 tspcourse sea salt or to taste
1 tspfresh cracked black pepper or to taste
1 tspfresh horseradish sauce
1 tspcoriander seeds - roasted
How to Make Fireman Bob's " English Bobby " Burger # 5
- This Burger has a lot of taste too, being filled with a great Stilton Blue cheese. ( Please see my post on " Cheeses " )
I like to grill them along with some onions to lay over top.
I found some great tasting Stilton cheese where I get my " meat " from!
Be sure to use 85% fat in your ground beef. Using a lean beef is not a good thing. One of these Burgers once or twice a year won't thwart your diet or healthy life style... These burgers are moist and delicious with a great flavor of blue stilton.
Ciabatta rolls - toasted, relish, mustard, sliced tomato, lettuce, onions, etc.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the onion, and oil, into a large bowl.
Mix all together, remembering... The less You " work " the burger, the more moist and tender it will be.
- Form the burgers about 1 inch thick, and slightly larger than the buns you are going to be using.
Slightly " Poke " the middle of the burger with your thumb to make an indentation in each burger. This helps them to keep their shape when grilling.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill before grilling them.
- Heat up your grill, and " wipe " oil over the grilling surface. ( the 30 minutes for chilling the Burgers works to heat the grill )
- Place the burgers on the grill and cook for about 7 minutes per side and turning only once!
- Note !!!
Make sure you don't press down on your burgers while grilling, pressing on the burgers as you're grilling them will cause all the juices and flavors to escape!
- Grilling these low and slow will give You the " mouth watering wonder meal " You are " Hankering " for!!!