WW Stuffed Shells
We love stuffed shells and these were made differently for us, used fat free ricotta and mozarella as well.
I was amazed they were as good as they were, but the marinara sauce was home made and would make a rock taste good.
Also had some left over Italian sausage and put some of that in GW's portion of shells.
Each shell has a point value of 3 if made with lean hamburger, I used ground sirloin
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- 1 small
- onion, diced
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 10 oz
- lean round beef, we like sirloin here
- 1/2 small
- zuchinni, shredded. leave skin on.
- 1/2 small
- carrot, shredded
- 8 oz
- fat free mozarella
- 2 c
- fat free ricotta
- 1/2 oz
- each salt, pepper, oregano, parsley
- 3 to 4 c
- marinara sauce, home made is best
How to Make WW Stuffed Shells
- 1Grate the zuchinni and the carrot, put n a large bowl.
- 2Pre heat oven to 350°
Spray pans you are using with pam.
- 3Cook jumbo shells to package directions.
Spread half the marinara sauce evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan.
- 4Heat the olive oil and saute the onion til trnslucent, add the garlic and cook a minute more. Add the hamburg and the seasonings and cook until meat is no longer Pink.
- 5Mix the ricotta, 1/2 the mozarella and the grated zuchinni iand carrot n a large bowl. Add the meat mixture and combine well.
- 6Fill the shells with the filling, drizzle marinara sauce over and bake until hot and bubbly. The last 10 minutes of baking sprinkle the reserved mozarella over.
- 7Note* you could easily use just Italian sausage, or combine the sausage and ground beef, or just forgo the meat all together.